The Port Stanley School was in session from 1917 until Lopez Island schools consolidated in 1941. It was then used as a meeting place, hardware store, and hay storage building until it was donated to the Lopez Island Historical Society by Chris & Helena Jones. Restoration was completed in 2003, with outbuilding and parking lot work continuing into 2005.
LIHS now rents the Port Stanley School for community and private events. It's a wonderful, warm and light space, suitable for art classes, meetings, concerts, and parties. Contact us at 360.468.2049 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.